Monday 19 September 2011

A Young Footballers Focus

"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying"
- Michael Jordan

I've recently found coaching my youth team to be quite challenging experience as they are turing up to training and match days with a lack of focus which results in misbehaviour and poor effort. I'm relatively new to dealing with, and disciplining, children and have struggled with this side of coaching.

If there is any advice people could give then I'd be really keen to hear from you and how you deal with children in this area, whether in the home, school or at a football training session or game.

I have though found on the website www.footy4kids.co.uk some useful links that deal with discipline and motivation which I hope will be useful. Your comments on this topic would be extremely welcomed.

http://www.footy4kids.co.uk/management-and-discipline.htm
http://www.footy4kids.co.uk/establishing_behaviour_boundaries.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment